LinkedIn have introduced a new feature that will allow users to highlight samples of their work for others to see on their profile.
In this new ‘Featured’ section, users can include work samples such as:
- LinkedIn posts that you’ve created or re-shared.
- Articles that you’ve authored and published on LinkedIn.
- Links to external websites, for example your personal blog, business website or your portfolio.
- Media that you upload, for example your images, documents, presentations, and videos.
The only content users cannot include in the Featured section, in order to protect the privacy of other members, is posts from LinkedIn events and groups.
Users can add work samples to the new Featured section on either desktop or mobile by following the below steps:
- Click the Meicon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select View profile.
- Click Add featuredin the Featured
- You can also click the +Addicon from the Featured section.
- From the dropdown that appears, click the +Addicon next to the type of work sample you’d like to showcase.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the work sample you’d like to feature, or enter the required information for the work sample you’d like to showcase.
- Click Saveor Done.
Managing Work Samples that you have featured
Once you’ve added a sample of your work to the Featured section on your profile, you can manage it by:
- Editing the work sample.
- Deleting the work sample.
- Removing the work sample.
- Reordering the work sample. (You must have at least two work samples featured to be able to reorder positions).
LinkedIn is gradually releasing this feature to all members, so you may not be able to access it at this time but you will have it very soon.